Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pool Workout Day

We don't often have a week of practice with no mid-week matches, so it's nice to take advantage of that time to get some extra rest, and also a fun, non-impact workout to change things up a bit.  Today was that day.  The training room knows all, so when I went to tell our trainer that we weren't going to practice today, but we were going in the pool instead, she commented that some of the upperclassmen had been talking about it last week.  That made me laugh.  I guess I'm getting somewhat predictable?!  Well, to change things up at least a little, I asked them to come with sweatshirts to add some resistance to the workout.  (That was a new twist!)

We did a fun, shorter workout in the pool, sweatshirts and all, and then celebrated Piper's 20th birthday with a cake that someone made (I think?!)  We sang "Happy Birthday" in the hallway outside my office after our workout, with everyone basically still dripping wet. Happy Birthday, Piper!!  And last week, we celebrated Lauren's birthday with cookies from the team, and cake from her parents.  A lot of Fall birthdays on the team, it seems.

Oh, and a little tradition we have on pool workout days is to do the "Whirlpool!"  I video taped it this year, and I was told by Maddie that some of the recent alums would probably really get a kick out of seeing it from this perspective.  (Maddie was a little under the weather today, so she stayed out of the pool, and had never seen the "whirlpool" from the pool deck.)  :)

No comments: